|DURATION:||7 days / 6 nights|
|PRICE:||From $1,530 USD per person (twin share)|
Trace the footsteps of Jesus with this magical Catholic tour that takes in the unique sites and sounds of the Holyland, inclusive of a daily Holy Mass. Trigger a spiritual awakening with a visit to the holy sites and cities of Bethany, Bethlehem, Caesarea, Cana, Capernaum, Carmel Mountains, Cave of Assumption of Mary, Cave of Betrayal, Galilee, Haifa, Garden of Gethsemane, Jerusalem, Jordan Valley, Mount of Beatitudes, Mount of Olives, Mount Temptation, Mukhraka, Nazareth, Qumran, Shepherd's Fields and Tabgha.
- We continue our journey into the Carmel Mountains, heading for the Galilee.
- We stop in Haifa where we will visit Stella Maris, a Carmelite Monastery which houses the Madonna of Mt. Carmel
- After time for prayer we continue on to Mukhraka where Elijah confronted the false prophets of Baal and where the Carmelite Order began.
- Our next stop is nearby Nazareth (Luke 1:26-38), where we will visit the Basilica of the Annunciation, Mary's Well and the Church of the Angel Gabriel
- We head on to Cana (John 2:1-11; 4:46; 21:2), the village where Jesus performed his first miracle changing water into wine. Our pilgrim couples will have a special opportunity to renew their wedding vows during Mass
Day 3: Sea of Galilee - Capernaum - Mount of Beatitudes - Tabgha - Mount Tabor
- Today we will focus on the Ministry of Christ during his time in Galilee.
- We will enjoy a peaceful boat ride across the Sea of Galilee where Christ walked on water.
- We also visit the holy site Capernaum (Matthew 4:12-25) to see the synagogue and St. Peter's house, where Jesus would have stayed while ministering in the area.
- Visit the breathtaking Mount of Beatitudes (Luke 6:12-49) where the Sermon on the Mount was given. There will be an unforgettable Mass near the shores of the Sea of Galilee at the Primacy of Mt. Beatitudes.
- We continue on to Tabgha (Mark 6:30-44) where we will see the splendid mosaic Commemorating the miracle of the loaves and fishes, and to the nearby Church of Peter's Primacy where Peter was told "Feed my lambs, feed my sheep” (John 21:9).
- In the afternoon we'll drive to Mt. Tabor, scene of the Transfiguration, where we will have Mass in the beautiful small church atop the mountain.
Day 4: Qasr el Yahud - Jericho - Qumran - Dead Sea - Jerusalem
- After breakfast, we drive down the Jordan Valley and head towards Jerusalem.
- We will then drive to the Jordan Valley and we visit the traditional site of Baptism at Qasr El Yahud, the area of the first baptism on Jordan River and where John baptized Jesus.
- We reach Jericho, the ancient Canaanite city destroyed by the power of God (Josh. 5-6). It is the oldest known inhabited city in the world. It was in Jericho that Jesus encountered Zacchaeus (Lk. 19).
- We'll enjoy a splendid view of Mt. Temptation (Luke 4:1-13), where Jesus fasted and was tempted by Satan.
- Our next stop is at Qumran, the site where the Dead Sea scrolls were unearthed. We will have time for a swim (or rather a float) in the mineral-rich waters.
- We proceed to visit Bethany (John 11:41-44) where Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead.
- Dinner in Jerusalem
- Our journey takes us to Garden of Gethsemane (Matthew 26:36-56), where we will visit the Rock of Agony where Jesus prayed his last prayer before being arrested.
- We continue on to the Cave of Betrayal and the Cave of Assumption of Mary to Heaven. We visit Pater Noster, where the universality of the Catholic Church is evident in the tiled mosaics of the Lord's Prayer in many languages.
- We finish our morning’s visits at the Chapel of the Ascension from where Jesus ascended to Heaven.
- In the afternoon we drive to Shepherd's Fields (Luke 2:8-20) where the angels announced the birth of Jesus and celebrate Mass.
- We visit the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, which stands upon the site where Jesus was born.
- We have time to shop before returning to our hotel for dinner.
Day 6: Jerusalem
- This morning we wake very early for one of the highlights of our trip.
- As the sun rises we retrace the last steps of Jesus on Good Friday. As we walk along the Via Dolorosa (Way of Sorrow), through the Old City we will pray along the Stations of the Cross as we walk the same path Jesus took.
- We visit St. Anne's Church, the home of the Virgin Mary and her parents Saints Joachim and Anne.
- We will see the Ecce Homo where Pilate proclaimed "Behold the man…” We reflect on the greatness of His sacrifice as we arrive at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher for Mass.
- We continue to the Western Wall (the most holy place for Jews). We exit at Mt. Zion gate to visit the Upper Room (John 13:1-30), the location of the Last Supper and the Dormition Abbey where we believe the blessed Mary died.
- We end the day at St. Peter in Gallicantu (John 18:12) where Peter denied Christ three times.
- This afternoon you will have free time to rest or explore Jerusalem.
- Return to our hotel for dinner.
Day 7: Departure
- Breakfast in the hotel.
- Check out by 11:00am.
- Sharing departure transfer to Ben Gurion airport for your return flight back home.
Program is subject to changes and availability
- Meeting and assistance upon arrival at Ben Gurion airport
- Porterage at airport and hotels
- 5 full days sightseeing as per program with licensed English speaking tour guide
- 5 full days sightseeing in an luxury air-conditioned coach
- All entrance fees as per itinerary above included
- 6 overnights at above mentioned hotels or similar
- Sharing transfer from Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv on the arrival day**
- Sharing transfer from Jerusalem Hotel to Ben Gurion airport on the departure day**
** Waiting time at the airport upon arrival between 1.5 – 2 hours
** Pick up time on the departure day between 5 – 5.5 hours prior to the departure flight time
- 6 Dinners at hotels main dining room as per the itinerary
- Daily buffet breakfast at hotels